The Bled eCommerce Conference has featured research papers since its inception in 1988. A fully refereed Research Stream was established in 1995, running four parallel streams of about 50 papers each year, with an acceptance rate generally around 50%.
Since 1999, the Research Stream has included an Outstanding Paper Award. Since 1999, an Award has been made each year for the contribution selected by the Award Committee as the Outstanding Paper.
The Award Committee changes each year, and comprises of Outstanding Paper Award committee chair, research track chair and co-chair for the year and a PC chair.
For the 2019 conference, the committee was comprised of the following members:
- the Committee Chair – Roger Bons, Professor, FOM University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- the Research Stream Chair for the year 2019 – Juergen Seitz, Baden-Wuerttemberg Cooperative State University, Germany
- the Research Stream Co-Chair for the year 2019 – Helen Cripps, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- the Conference Chair for the year 2019 – Andreja Pucihar, Faculty of Organizational Sciences, University of Maribor in Slovenia
The Outstanding Paper Award has been innitiated by founding member of the Bled eConference professor Roger Clarke, Xamax Consultancy Pty Ltd & The Australian National University, Australia.
Roger Clarke has been serving as the Committee Chair since the beginning and up to the 30th Bled eConference in 2017. Bled eConference and wider community would like to express its gratitude to Roger Clarke for his valuable contribution to the development of scientific part of the conference and his endless encouragements of researchers towards “rigour and relevance” balance of their research which in turn brought value beyond science to the real world.
The selection of a single paper is challenging, because of the great diversity of subject-matter, research approach, and evaluator perspective. This section outlines the Criteria that the Committee uses.
The starting-point is that this is the Research Stream of the world’s longest-running international eCommerce Conference. Its participants are the intellectual leaders of academe, industry and government.
To be considered for the Outstanding Paper Award, a paper needs to exhibit the following features:
- Academic Quality / Rigour
- Contribution to EC Understanding / Relevance
- Presentation Quality / Accessibility
- Contribution to EC Advancement / Ambition
The expectation is that researchers who are submitting papers in future years will be able to go back to the previous winners and infer from them what ‘very good’ means in the context of the Bled community.
The Award is evidenced by a plaque presented to the author(s).